September 20, 2014, 7:00 pm
An inspirational service and study for the local Reform Congregations in preparation for the upcoming High Holy Days. Featuring Rabbis, Cantors, Choirs and Soloists from participating congregations. Service will begin at 7:00 pm with Havdalah. This service will be live streamed via our YouTube Channel.
September 21, 2014, 10:00 am
Join the “little dumplings” of Congregation Beth Shalom Rodfe Zedek (Chester) for a free, twice a month preschool program. Led by our wonderful educator, Sandy Herzog, this program is geared towards children from birth through 4 years old, along with their parents. The program is from 10-10:45 am and includes a variety of activities including songs, crafts, stories and a snack. The program will introduce children to Jewish values and holidays in a fun and educational setting. Upcoming program dates will be September 21st and October 12th and 19th.
No advance registration is required. For more information, please call the office at 860-526-8920.
November 4, 2014, 8:00 am
Rabbi Goldenberg and Revered Kathy Peters will lead us as we:
• Explore our roots in the Land of Israel as Jews and Christians
• Visit religious sites of both faiths in the City of Jerusalem, and in the Galilee, including the Western Wall and the tunnels beneath, the Via Dolorosa, Christian sites around the Sea of Galilee, and the ancient Talmudic city of Tzippori
• Tour East Jerusalem and the Separation Barrier with Ir Amim, an Israeli organization that educates re: issues of Palestinian-Israeli peace and human rights
• Take the cable car up Masada and float in the Dead Sea
• Experience modern-day Israeli culture in Tel Aviv
• Learn from experts about current events and Arab-Israeli co-existence efforts
• Celebrate the Jewish Shabbat and the Christian Sabbath
• Participate in an archaeological dig
• Deepen our understanding of ourselves and each other as fellow people of faith
Estimated Costs (subject to change)Land cost: $3000 per person (includes 10 nights in double room 4‐star hotel,breakfast plus one other meal per day, tour guide and bus transportation.(Single Supplement: additional fee of $755 Triple Occupancy: discount of $150 for sharing a Triple)Flight:just under $1200 per person